Thursday 26 January 2012

650B conversion project

The Les Rigden Tandem is almost completed, and I'll be posting pictures of that beauty in a short bit (need to sort seats and handlebars so the stoker is, uh, stoked).  Fearing the ramifications of idle hands, I am embarking on a new project.

I have read with great interest the Jan Heine-inspired international rejuvenation of the French Randonneur-style bicycle, and last year was able to obtain a set of NOS--I'm not kidding--Maxi-Car hubbed 650B wheels from a trader in France.  Rims are Super Champion, spokes stainless straight- gauge.  Shortly before that I had acquired a really lovely 1958 Viking Severn Valley in my size, but had done nothing with it.  When the wheels came up, I thought it would be an interesting marriage, so I've sent the frame off for some 650B-esque mods, and it just came back today.

I will be posting some shots of the 'before' frame later today, as well as a couple of the modified frame as she sits at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment